Textbroker is one of the most popular content writing platforms, connecting businesses with writers to produce high-quality content.
However, Textbroker only accepts writers from a handful of countries, which does not include Kenya.
So does Textbroker work in Kenya?
Unfortunately, no, Textbroker does not operate in Kenya and does not accept Kenyan writers on their platform. This is because Textbroker currently only accepts writers from the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
While Kenyan writers cannot join Textbroker directly, there are some workarounds and alternatives to earn money as a writer through similar content writing platforms and freelancing sites.
Table of Contents
Why Textbroker Doesn’t Operate in Kenya
There are a few reasons why Textbroker does not allow Kenyan writers on their platform:
- Limited country scope – Textbroker focuses on a handful of native English-speaking markets and has not expanded to other countries yet.
- Compliance – Operating in Kenya may impose regulatory requirements that Textbroker is not ready for.
- Payments – Textbroker may not have payment providers set up to easily pay Kenyan writers.
- Established writer pool – With an existing base of writers, Textbroker may not feel the need to expand into new talent markets.
So in summary, Textbroker’s limited scope, regulatory issues, payment complexities and existing writer base make expanding to Kenya unattractive currently.
Can Kenyans Somehow Write for Textbroker?
Since Textbroker does not directly accept Kenyan writers, is there any way for Kenyans to write for Textbroker clients?
There are a couple of options:
Using a Proxy Address
Some Kenyan writers have attempted to join Textbroker by providing an address in an accepted country.
However, Textbroker requires identity verification, so providing a false address is risky and may result in your account being deleted if discovered.
This method is not recommended as you could lose earnings and your account.
Outsourcing Through a Writer
Kenyan writers could potentially partner with a writer already on Textbroker to act as a ghostwriter or outsource texts.
The Textbroker writer would hire and pay the Kenyan writer a portion of their Textbroker earnings.
However, most Textbroker writers are not looking to outsource in this way, so opportunities are very limited.
Applying as an Agency
Kenyan writing agencies may be able to apply as a Textbroker agency partner.
This would allow assigning texts to Kenyan writers while managing orders and clients through the agency account.
Agencies have to undergo an application process and meet criteria related to capabilities, quality, history etc.
So this option only works for established writing firms.
So, while there are a couple theoretical options, realistically Kenyan writers have no direct way to access Textbroker currently.
The Best Textbroker Alternatives for Kenyans
While Textbroker is not available to Kenyan writers, there are many other content writing platforms that connect clients with writers globally, including Kenya.
Here are some of the best Textbroker alternatives for Kenyan writers:
1. Constant Content
Constant Content is a global platform accepting writers from all over the world including Kenya. Writers can create articles or content on any topic they choose and upload to the site.
Clients looking for content can search and purchase the articles directly. Writers earn up to 60% revenue share of the price set for each article sold.
Payments are made conveniently via PayPal.
Overall an excellent option for Kenyan writers to earn by creating quality articles and content.
Contena accepts writers globally after completing an online skills test. Writers can browse and claim writing jobs posted by clients on their job board.
The platform reports that top writers earn $50+ for 500 words written. Provides opportunities for writers of all skill levels across diverse topics.
Makes payments reliably through PayPal, bank transfer, Skrill and other methods.
Allows Kenyan writers to access well-paying remote writing jobs.
Scripted is open to all English speakers globally, allowing Kenyans to join.
Writers are required to take various writing tests to qualify for higher paying jobs on the platform.
Provides a good level of flexibility for writers to choose jobs that interest them. Writing jobs are available across nearly any topic a client requests.
Convenient payments through Payoneer, PayPal and other payment methods.
Scripted is an excellent site for skilled Kenyan writers to earn good rates.
4. Crowd Content
Crowd Content accepts expert writers from around the world including Kenya. Offers a broad range of well-paying writing jobs across diverse industries and topics.
Top writers have earned over $100 per 500 words through Crowd Content. Allows writers to build long-term relationships and repeat business with clients.
Makes payments reliably through PayPal, wire transfer, Payoneer and other methods. A great site for intermediate and expert Kenyan writers.
ClearVoice is a global platform accepting writers from all countries.
As a ClearVoice writer, you set your own rates for clients based on your skills and expertise.
Provides opportunities to build an impressive online writer portfolio. Gives access to regular, well-paying writing jobs across a diverse range of industries.
Makes payments to writers conveniently through PayPal.
It is an excellent Textbroker alternative for Kenyan writers of all skill levels.
|Platform||Key Features||Payment Methods|
|Constant Content||Pre-written articles|
Revenue share model
|Contena||Claim writing jobs|
|PayPal, Bank Transfer, Skrill|
|Crowd Content||Long-term clients|
|PayPal, Wire Transfer, Payoneer|
|ClearVoice||Set your rates|
These sites allow Kenyan writers to access flexible remote writing jobs, establish client relationships and earn good rates.
Payments are made conveniently through options like PayPal, Payoneer or bank transfers.
Tips for Kenyan Writers Using Textbroker Alternatives
When writing for Textbroker alternatives as a Kenyan, there are some important tips to follow in order to maximize your earnings potential and succeed as an online freelance writer.
Build an Impressive Online Portfolio
Your portfolio is one of the most important things that will allow you to stand out and attract clients on competitive freelance platforms.
Some tips for building a great portfolio:
- Create a professional website, blog or profile that allows you to showcase writing samples
- Include 5-10 writing samples across different topics/styles – e.g. blog posts, articles, technical documents
- Showcase your best work to represent your skills
- List specific skills and areas of expertise – e.g. SEO writing, financial writing
- Provide details of your education, training and certifications
- List any previous writing experience – publications, clients etc.
- Provide testimonials from past clients or employers
A strong portfolio allows you to demonstrate your abilities to prospective clients on platforms like Constant Content and Scripted.
Undergo Any Required Writing Tests
Many Textbroker alternatives like Scripted and Contena require completing writing tests to access higher paying assignments.
Make sure to adequately prepare for these tests:
- Review the test format and topics in advance
- Brush up grammar, punctuation and composition skills
- Practice writing and completing similar tests as preparation
- Manage your time during the actual test
- Submit your best quality writing in the test
Performing well on required tests allows you to qualify for the higher tier jobs that pay $50+ per 500 words.
Deliver Excellent Quality and Value for Clients
With the competition on global platforms, focusing on delivering stellar writing is key.
- Always follow the client’s instructions and meet their needs
- Vary your writing style based on the client and assignment
- Maintain a professional and friendly communication style
- Proofread carefully and run plagiarism checks before submitting
- Fact check articles involving statistics or facts
- Meet deadlines by managing your time effectively
- Be open to making revisions if the client requests them
Providing excellent value and service will get you great feedback, ratings and repeat business from clients.
Stay Active and Check for New Opportunities
To maximize your earnings, you need to be proactive about searching for and taking on writing assignments regularly.
- Check the platforms daily for new writing jobs
- Set aside dedicated time each day/week for pitching articles or bidding on jobs
- Use site search features to find jobs related to your skills and interests
- Respond quickly when a relevant opportunity arises
- Submit proposals or auditions for jobs that fit your abilities
- Take on diverse assignments to gain experience and demonstrate range
The writers who earn the most on these platforms tend to be very active in searching for the best opportunities.
Withdraw Earnings Regularly
Once you start earning on Textbroker alternatives, make sure to withdraw your earnings regularly to avoid potential issues:
- Review the minimum payout threshold for each site
- Withdraw as soon as you reach the threshold – don’t let earnings accumulate
- Verify your payment accounts – PayPal, Payoneer etc.
- Use a payment method that allows convenient withdrawals
- Save commissions and fees by cashing out monthly if suitable
Regularly withdrawing your earnings ensures you get paid reliably for all the hard work you put in.
By following these tips as a writer based in Kenya, you can build a successful freelance writing career on the top Textbroker alternative platforms. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Can Kenyans Join Textbroker in the Future?
There is always a possibility that Textbroker could expand to Kenya and other new countries in the future. However, they have operated for over 15 years with a limited country scope.
For now, Kenyan writers should focus on alternatives that already provide flexible global opportunities. But keep an eye out in case Textbroker ever announces plans to accept writers from additional countries like Kenya!
In summary, Textbroker does not currently operate in or accept writers from Kenya. While there are a couple theoretical workarounds, realistically Kenyans cannot write for Textbroker clients directly.
However, there are plenty of excellent Textbroker alternatives like Constant Content, Contena, Scripted and Crowd Content that connect Kenyan writers with remote writing jobs and clients globally.
By building their portfolio, delivering excellent work and utilizing convenient payment methods, Kenyan writers can prosper through these international freelance writing platforms.