Last updated on February 26th, 2023 at 01:52 pm
Do you want to sell more of your product? The best way to do this is through online marketing. In this blog post, we will discuss 7 steps that will help you market a product on the internet in Kenya.
These are tried and true methods that have been proven successful in the past. They are sure to work for your business too!
Step #01: Determine what you want your product to be known for
This is the first step because it will determine how your online marketing campaign in Kenya will unfold in the future.
Do you want something that has lots of colors?
Or do you have a more serious tone?
This can help with deciding on colors and fonts that will be used for your logo, website, and marketing materials.
Step #02: Find keywords that are relevant to your product so you can rank higher on search engines.
There are a few ways that people use the internet to find products or companies they want information about.
One of these is by looking at their search engine results page (SERP).
In order to have an effective online marketing campaign in Kenya, it’s important that potential customers will actually see what you offer as well as how good it is when someone does a Google search for related queries.
This way, if they do decide to purchase from you in the future, there would already be trust established between them and your company due to seeing good rankings all over the place!
Step #03: Make a good impression and give potential customers the information they need at first glance.
The internet is all about visuals, so having an attractive site with lots of pictures will help you get noticed on SERP.
It’s important to make sure that your website has all the pertinent information for what people are looking for too though!
This can include testimonials from happy customers or videos showing how your product works in action if it doesn’t seem clear enough online.
Don’t forget to provide contact details either – this way, someone who wants more info won’t have any troubles finding out where they should go next!
This also includes social media profiles like Facebook Page Profiles which allow businesses to post updates on their products and services.
Step #04: Use social media to market your products and services too!
It’s no secret that people nowadays like to stay connected on their phones with apps for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat just being a few examples of what is available.
These are all also great ways to share information about the product or service you have so it can be seen by more potential customers who want info about similar things!
It will make them aware of how much better your company is in comparison!
The only thing left would be directing these followers back onto your website for even more details if they are interested but do not seem convinced enough yet after seeing other posts online.
Step #05: Create an email list where users can sign up for more information.
Email marketing is another way to market your product online in Kenya.
Because it allows you to contact potential customers directly through their inboxes with offers, discounts, or other messages that they might want to see.
This can be a good idea if the person receiving the email has already shown interest in what they saw on social media by liking or following your page and browsing around on your website as well!
It would save them time from searching for a company again when there’s one right here waiting at their fingertips ready for business!
Step #06: Be active on search engines like Google and Bing.
This is another way to Market a Product Online in Kenya.
Google and Bing are two of the most popular ones used in Kenya today – so being active with these will help you get noticed even more.
Google will show your website in the SERP and Bing will list you as a search result.
This is because their algorithm relies on how many times people click to visit websites that are related to what they searched for before.
As such, it’s important to have lots of backlinks from other sites or blogs with good rankings already like mentioned earlier!
Step #07: Consider hiring someone who can help maintain these efforts long-term.
An online marketing campaign in Kenya doesn’t happen overnight – it’s something that needs time and dedication put into it if there’s going to be any chance at success.
There might come a day where you just can’t keep up anymore due to things getting busier at work or life happening around the same time too though.
So it’s a good idea to have someone else who can take over the workload if you’re not able to keep up anymore.
This way, your business will be kept afloat and marketing efforts won’t stop just because one person isn’t as available!
There you have it, 7 steps to market a product online in Kenya.
How to move your business online in Kenya
Moving your business online in Kenya can help you reach a wider audience, increase your sales, and stay competitive in today’s digital age. Here are some general steps to move your business online in Kenya:
- Choose an online platform: You can choose to create your own website, sell on e-commerce marketplaces such as Jumia, Kilimall, and Masoko, or sell on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Create a website: If you choose to create your own website, you need to choose a domain name, hosting provider, and website builder or developer. You can use platforms such as WordPress, Wix, or Squarespace to create your website.
- Optimize your website: Ensure that your website is user-friendly, responsive, and optimized for search engines. This will help your website rank higher in search results and attract more visitors.
- Set up payment options: You need to set up online payment options that are convenient and secure for your customers. You can use payment gateways such as M-Pesa, PayPal, or Stripe to accept payments.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy: Develop a digital marketing strategy that includes search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, email marketing, and paid advertising. This will help you reach your target audience and increase your online visibility.
- Monitor your analytics: Monitor your website and social media analytics to track your performance and make data-driven decisions. You can use tools such as Google Analytics or Facebook Insights to track your analytics.
- Provide excellent customer service: Provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. Respond to customer inquiries promptly, provide accurate information, and resolve any issues or concerns.
Moving your business online in Kenya requires planning, investment, and a willingness to adapt to new technologies and trends. With the right strategies and tools, you can successfully move your business online and reap the benefits of the digital marketplace.