InboxDollars is an online rewards program that allows members to earn cash for completing various online activities like taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, watching videos, searching the web, and more. However, InboxDollars currently only operates in the United States.
InboxDollars is not available for members joining from Kenya or anywhere outside the US at this time.
Table of Contents
Overview of InboxDollars
InboxDollars was founded in 2000 in the US. Here’s an overview of how the platform works:
- InboxDollars connects brands with consumers. Brands need people to try products, take surveys, watch ads, etc. Instead of recruiting themselves, brands can tap into InboxDollars’ member base.
- InboxDollars members complete various “earning activities” like surveys, games, shopping, watching videos, web searches, etc.
- When members complete activities, InboxDollars gets paid by the partner brands. InboxDollars then shares the earnings with members in cash rewards.
Members can redeem earnings for gift cards, transfer to PayPal, or request a check once they hit the minimum payout amount ($30).
How Much Do You Get Paid on InboxDollars?
Most activities pay anywhere from a few cents to $5. For example:
- Surveys – Most pay $0.50 to $5 and take 3-25 minutes. Some pay up to $10, $20 or more.
- Games – You earn cashback for games played. Earn 18% cashback on GSN games.
- Shopping – Get cashback on online purchases. Rates vary by retailer.
- Videos – Earn $0.01 – $0.15 for watching sponsored video content.
- Paid Email – Earn $0.02 – $0.15 for reading emailed offers.
- Web searches – Earn $0.01 – $0.02 per search.
Earnings really depend on how active you are on the site. According to InboxDollars, most members earn:
- $15 – $55 per month on average
- Hundreds per month if highly active
InboxDollars Earnings Table
|Surveys||$0.50 – $5 per|
|Videos||$0.01 – $0.15|
|Paid Email||$0.02 – $0.15|
|Web Searches||$0.01 – $0.02|
How Do I Join InboxDollars in Kenya?
Unfortunately, InboxDollars is not available for signup in Kenya or anywhere outside the United States at this time.
When you try to access InboxDollars from Kenya, you will get an error message stating:
“InboxDollars is currently only accepting new accounts from the United States.”
This restriction is due to the nature of the earning activities on InboxDollars. Most surveys, offers, videos, etc are aimed at the US consumer market. Therefore, InboxDollars requires members to be located in the US.
While InboxDollars may expand to other countries eventually, there is no timeline for when or if that will happen. For now, it’s US-only.
How to Access InboxDollars from Kenya
While InboxDollars doesn’t allow Kenya signups directly, there are some workarounds Kenyans can try to access the site:
- Use a VPN – A VPN masks your real location, so you can appear to access from the US. This allows you to bypass the geo-restrictions.
- Try survey router sites – Some survey routers like Octopuses, Grindabuck, PrizeRebel may contain InboxDollars surveys. You earn cash on the survey router site instead.
However, these methods have risks and downsides:
- Accessing via VPNs is technically against InboxDollars’ terms of service. If caught, your account could get banned.
- InboxDollars often detects and blocks VPN traffic. Access is not reliable.
- Survey routers only have a portion of InboxDollars’ full offerings. Earning options are limited.
- Cashout minimums on survey routers are often higher (like $10 – $20).
So while it’s possible to earn from InboxDollars surveys as a Kenyan, it will be limited compared to direct access.
Inboxdollars in Kenya Withdrawal
Since InboxDollars is not available in Kenya, there is no way to directly withdraw InboxDollars earnings in Kenya either.
Here are the cashout options InboxDollars members have:
- PayPal – Transfer to your PayPal account. Minimum $10.
- Gift cards – Redeem for gift cards from popular brands. Minimum $1.
- Checks – Request a physical check. Minimum $30.
All of these cashout options require a US bank account, US mailing address, and US ID documents.
As a Kenyan, you would not be able to provide the required documentation and verification. There is no option to cash out InboxDollars earnings directly to an MPESA mobile money account in Kenya either.
The only way a Kenyan could potentially withdraw InboxDollars earnings is:
- Earn on InboxDollars via VPN access
- Transfer to a PayPal account
- Find someone you trust in the US to receive the funds on your behalf
- Then have that person send you the funds via Western Union, PayPal, etc.
This method involves high fees and also requires you to trust someone else with your earnings. It is not a practical cashout solution.
Is InboxDollars Worth It for Kenyans?
While it’s not impossible to earn some money from InboxDollars as a Kenyan, it is certainly not as worthwhile as it is for members in the US. Here’s a summary:
- Large selection of earning activities
- Low $30 cashout minimum
- Fast delivery of gift card rewards
- Estabished, legitimate site
- Not available for direct signup in Kenya
- Must use VPNs which could lead to ban
- Limited access to full earning options
- No direct cashout method to Kenya
Overall, while InboxDollars has a lot of benefits, the restrictions and limitations for Kenyans make other survey and rewards sites more viable options instead. Sites that allow direct access worldwide like Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, MyPoints, etc are better choices if you are located in Kenya.
InboxDollars is a great rewards program with many ways to earn, but is currently only available to members located in the United States.
Kenyans do not have access to directly sign up, join, or withdraw earnings from InboxDollars at this time. The only potential way to earn is via unreliable VPN access.
While InboxDollars may eventually expand globally, for now it is not a practical way for people in Kenya to make money online. Kenyans are better off focusing their efforts on survey and rewards platforms that allow worldwide access instead.