Last updated on July 6th, 2023 at 06:38 am
Are you an aspiring writer in Kenya looking to kickstart your career? Buying a writing account can be a great way to access more opportunities and earn money.
However, it’s important to navigate this process carefully to ensure you get a reputable account that suits your needs.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the steps of buying a writing account in Kenya and provide you with valuable tips to make the process smoother.
But before we dive in, here’s a quick note from my lawyer!
Disclaimer: Don’t take this guide as an endorsement. The fact that I have mentioned some platforms here doesn’t mean I endorse them. Transact with them at your own risk.
With that out of the way, let’s discuss how to buy a writing account in Kenya.
Table of Contents
1. Do Your Research
As with any online purchase, conducting thorough research is crucial before buying a writing account.
Take the time to find a reputable seller who offers genuine accounts.
Numerous websites and forums provide platforms for buying and selling writing accounts, but not all of them can be trusted.
Read reviews, compare prices, and gather as much information as possible to make an informed decision.
2. Choose a Platform
There are several platforms available for buying writing accounts in Kenya. Here are a few popular ones:
- Online Writing Central
- Escrow Kenya
- Facebook groups
Each platform has its own features and user base, so explore different options to find the one that suits your preferences and requirements.
3. Set a Budget
Before you start shopping for a writing account, it’s important to establish a budget.
Determine how much you are willing to spend based on your financial situation and the value you expect from the account.
Prices for writing accounts can vary depending on factors such as the platform, type of account, and reputation of the seller.
Setting a budget will help you narrow down your options and avoid overspending.
4. Make a Payment
Once you’ve found a writing account that interests you, it’s time to make a payment to the seller.
Most sellers accept payments through secure methods like PayPal, bank transfer, or M-PESA.
Ensure that you follow the seller’s payment instructions carefully and use a trusted payment platform to protect your financial information.
5. Receive the Account Details
After your payment has been processed, the seller will provide you with the account details.
These typically include the username, password, and any other relevant information required to access and utilize the account. Make sure to keep this information secure and avoid sharing it with others to protect your account.
6. Start Writing!
With the account details in hand, you’re now ready to start writing in Kenya and earning money.
Familiarize yourself with the platform’s guidelines and rules to ensure you meet their requirements and avoid potential bans or account suspensions.
Writing consistently and delivering high-quality work will help you build a reputation and attract more opportunities.
Tips for Buying a Writing Account in Kenya
Here are some extra tips to enhance your experience when purchasing a writing account:
- Be cautious of sellers who offer deals that seem too good to be true. It’s essential to find reputable sellers who provide genuine accounts.
- Obtain written documentation of the account details, price, and terms of the sale to protect yourself in case of any disputes.
- Opt for secure payment methods like PayPal or bank transfer to ensure the safety of your financial transactions.
- Before you start writing, thoroughly read and understand the platform’s guidelines and rules to avoid any violations.
How Much Does a Good Writing Account Cost in Kenya?
The cost of a writing account in Kenya varies based on several factors, including the platform, type of account, and reputation of the seller. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere between Ksh5,000 to Ksh500,000 for a good quality writing account.
Factors that influence the price of a writing account include:
- Platform popularity: More popular platforms like EssayPro and Uvocorp tend to have higher-priced accounts compared to platforms like WritersBay and QualityWriters.
- Type of account: Academic writing accounts in Kenya typically carry a higher price tag, while blog writing accounts tend to be less expensive.
- Seller’s reputation: Sellers with a strong reputation and positive track record are likely to charge higher prices for their accounts.
When searching for a writing account in Kenya, it’s essential to invest time in research to find a reputable seller and be prepared to pay a fair price for a quality account.
Do You Need to Buy a Writing Account to Make Money in Kenya?
No, buying a writing account is not the only way to make money as a writer in Kenya. Several alternative avenues can help you earn income without purchasing an account:
- Freelance writing: Explore websites like Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr to find freelance writing jobs.
- Content writing: Offer your writing services to create content for websites, blogs, and other online publications.
- Ghostwriting: Write content for clients who prefer to remain anonymous.
- Copywriting: Craft compelling copy for marketing materials such as website ads and sales letters.
- Technical writing: Create technical documentation for software, hardware, and other products.
These options provide opportunities to showcase your skills, build your portfolio, and connect with clients directly.
However, owning a writing account in Kenya does come with advantages. With a purchased account, you may gain access to a broader range of jobs, have the potential to earn higher rates, and receive valuable feedback on your work.
Ultimately, the decision to buy a writing account in Kenya or pursue other avenues depends on your individual circumstances and preferences.
If you believe that buying an account will enhance your earning potential, it may be a worthwhile investment.
Nevertheless, talented writers can still make money without purchasing an account in Kenya.
Additional Tips for Making Money as a Writer
Consider the following tips to boost your chances of success as a writer in Kenya:
- Build a strong portfolio: Showcase your best work in a professional portfolio to impress potential clients and employers.
- Network with other writers: Connect with fellow writers in your industry to exchange ideas, collaborate, and learn from one another.
- Stay updated on trends: Keep yourself informed about the latest trends and developments in the writing industry to stay competitive.
- Be patient: Building a successful writing career takes time and perseverance. Don’t lose heart if you don’t see immediate results; keep honing your skills and seeking new opportunities.
Dangers of Buying Writing Accounts in Kenya
While buying a writing account in Kenya can offer benefits, it’s essential to be aware of the potential risks involved. Here are some common dangers associated with purchasing writing accounts:
- Risk of scams: There are unscrupulous individuals who sell fake writing accounts, either banned accounts or accounts that don’t exist. Falling victim to such scams could result in losing your money.
- Platform bans: If you buy a writing account that has been banned by the platform, you may also face a ban yourself. Platforms closely monitor account activities and will consider using a banned account as a violation of their rules.
- Work rejections: Submitting subpar work that doesn’t meet the platform’s standards can lead to rejection. This can harm your reputation and make it harder to secure future writing opportunities.
- Reputation damage: Getting caught buying a writing account can severely damage your reputation as a legitimate writer.
- Legal implications: In some cases, purchasing a writing account may be illegal and regarded as a form of fraud.
To avoid these dangers, exercise caution and follow these tips:
- Conduct thorough research: Prioritize finding a reputable seller by reading reviews and verifying their credibility.
- Beware of unrealistic deals: Deals that appear too good to be true often come with hidden risks. Be skeptical of sellers offering extremely low prices or promising unrealistic outcomes.
- Document everything: Obtain written documentation of the account details, price, and terms of sale before making any payments. This will protect you in case of disputes or issues in the future.
- Use secure payment methods: Opt for secure payment methods such as PayPal or bank transfers to safeguard your financial information.
By taking these precautions, you can minimize the risks associated with buying writing accounts and protect yourself from potential pitfalls.
In conclusion, buying a writing account in Kenya can be a viable option for writers seeking more opportunities and higher earnings.
However, it is crucial to conduct thorough research, choose reputable sellers, and be willing to pay a fair price for a quality account.
Alternatively, there are multiple avenues for making money as a writer without purchasing an account, such as freelance writing, content writing, ghostwriting, copywriting, and technical writing.
Assess your circumstances, weigh the risks and benefits, and make an informed decision based on your goals and aspirations as a writer in Kenya.
Remember, building a successful writing career takes time and dedication. Stay focused, hone your skills, and seize opportunities as they arise.
With patience and perseverance, you can achieve your writing goals and thrive in the vibrant writing industry of Kenya.